Christian Education Director’s Update – May 2016
For the next Eat and Meet gathering on Sunday, May 15, the group will be taking a field trip to Crestfield Camp and Conference Center in Slippery Rock, PA.
Here are the details that you need to know:
We will leave the church by 11:00 a.m. after worship. Chaperones will carpool the students to camp.
- Pack a lunch! We will have a picnic lunch at camp. When you arrive for church, please put your lunch in the kitchen refrigerator. Marla will gather the lunches into a cooler after worship for transfer to camp.
- We will walk the prayer Labyrinth and take a nature walk.
- We will return to the church for pick up by 5:00 p.m.
Please turn in your permission slip by Sunday, May 8, to ensure having enough drivers. Contact Marla at firstname.lastname@example.org for permission slips, and they will be emailed to you. Be sure to invite a friend!
Summer Sunday School:
- May 22 is the LAST Sunday School for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Summer Sunday School begins on June 5.
- Amanda, Kathee and two volunteers will be on-hand in room 110 to supervise children during Summer Sunday School.
- Nursery-age children should be dropped off in room 110 before worship.
- Children preschool to completed second grade will be escorted to room 110 by two volunteers following the Children’s Sermon.
- Parents should pick up their children from room 110 following worship.
- Completed third grade and above children are invited to remain in worship with their parents. Children’s Bulletins will be available in the Narthex.
Family Worship Sundays
May 29 — Memorial Day Weekend
July 3 — July 4th Weekend
September 5 — Labor Day Weekend
Don’t forget to sign up for the Fearless Faith Summer Day Camp, which includes both full and half-day options. It runs from July 11 through July 15, and will be limited to 40 campers each. You may use the enclosed registration form, or extras can be picked up on the bulletin board across from the kitchen.
Deadline to reserve is June 19. An information packet will be mailed to you in early July.