Sandi’s Garden Is Up and Running!
Sandi’s Garden is now ready to burst forth and once again supply SHIM’s Food Pantry with bountiful fresh organic produce.
All of this doesn’t happen on its own. Sandi’s Garden provides opportunities for all members of the congregation to participate. Members can help make this year even more successful than last year by:
- Donating seed packets of Swiss chard, kale, bush beans, pole beans, zucchini, and winter squash seeds.
- Donating sweet and hot pepper plants.
- Donating regular basil or Thai basil plants. Fresh herbs are always welcome at the Food Pantry.
- Signing up to water the garden beds for a week.
- Helping with harvesting produce.
- Stopping by the garden and pulling a few weeds. The compost bin is convenient to the garden.
- Volunteering to deliver the produce on Monday or Tuesday mornings.
We are blessed to be part of a congregation that is committed to the call to serve others in so many ways. Sandi’s Garden provides an opportunity to enjoy the long-awaited, warm sunny days of spring and summer, knowing that our little plot of land is part of a wonderful mission. Many thanks to all who have been part of this mission project in the past and who continue to support it.