Last year Sandi’s Garden produced over 450 pounds of fresh, organic produce. Spring is finally here, and BHCC is once again participating in SHIM’s efforts to provide fresh, organic produce to the families who participate in its Food Pantry. Every year we have added more garden space and this year is no exception. This year SHIM is adding a new food pantry and our contribution will be needed more than ever.
Sandi’s Garden provides opportunities for all members of the congregation to participate. Members can help make this year even more successful than last year by doing the following:
- Donating seed packets of swiss chard, bush beans, pole beans, sweet and hot peppers, zucchini, and winter squash seeds.
- Donating sweet and hot pepper plants.
- Donating regular or Thai basil plants. Fresh herbs are always welcome at the Food Pantry.
- Signing up to water the garden beds for a week.
- Helping with harvesting produce.
- Volunteering to deliver the produce on Monday mornings.
We are blessed to be part of a congregation that is committed to the call to serve others in so many ways. Sandi’s garden provides an opportunity to enjoy the long awaited warm sunny days of spring and summer, knowing that our little plot of land is part of a wonderful mission. Many thanks to all who have been part of this mission project in the past and who continue to support it.