Last year Sandi’s Garden produced over 300 pounds of fresh, organic produce. Spring has finally arrived and BHCC is once again participating in SHIM’s efforts to provide fresh, organic produce to the families who participate in its Food Pantry. Our children have already planted hot peppers, swiss chard, lettuce, and zucchini seeds in Ms. Marla’s office and will be planting these seedlings, as well as beans, on May 24.
Sandi’s Garden provides opportunities for all members of the congregation to help make this year even more successful than last year by participating in the following:
* Donate seed packets of swiss chard, bush beans,
pole beans, sweet and hot peppers, zucchini.
* Donate sweet and hot pepper plants.
* Donate regular or Thai basil plants. Fresh herbs are always welcome at the Food Pantry.
* Sign up to water the garden beds for a week.
* Help with harvesting produce.
* Volunteer to deliver the produce on Tuesday mornings.
We are blessed to be part of a congregation that is committed to the call to serve others in so many ways. Sandi’s Garden provides an opportunity to enjoy the long-awaited warm sunny days of spring and summer knowing that our little plot of land is part of a wonderful mission. Many thanks to all who have been part of this mission project in the past and who continue to support it.