Session Report for Opening the Church
Session met on Monday, June 15, for a special meeting to consider the church reopening report of the BHCC task force. The following is a summary of their actions:
They affirmed all the precautionary measures recommended by the task force for the opening of the building.
• Limited doors available for entrance and exit
• Empty pew racks
• Social distancing and face masks required
• No choir or vocal music
• No nursery or children’s worship
• No coffee hour or second-hour activities
• No children except those remaining with parents throughout the service
• Worship bulletins printed at home and brought to service
2) They added the request that individuals bring bottled water with them to the service to prevent dehydration that may occur when wearing a mask.
3) They also recommended that a plexiglass shield be placed in front of the pulpit.
4) They decided that in light of the heat of summer and the inability to use fans in the sanctuary, the first worship service should not occur until after September 1.
5) By consensus, they agreed that there should not be any use of the church lawn or parking lot by any group until after the building has been opened for worship.
Any of these decisions could be reconsidered at subsequent meetings of session.
As new information is available, and as the date of September 1 approaches, the task force will reconvene.